Cynthia currently serves on the AMAFCA (Albuquerque Metropolitan Arroyo Flood Control) Board as the Vice-Chair, she served on the PERA (Public Employment Retirement Association of NM Board for 8 years and served as a two time Chairman.
Cynthia owns and operates Cyba's & Associates, LLC., a land development and consultation company, and an art & jewelry shop in Nob Hill. Prior to that Ms. Borrego was a City Planing Manager for the City of Albuquerque. During her career of 28 years with the City of Albuquerque, she worked in areas of Redevelopment, Sector Development and Telecommunications. As a Planning Manager, Cynthia actively worked with AMAFCA staff to approve recommendations for major subdivisions, commercial or industrial development.
Cynthia received a Bachelor of Science in Education and a Masters Degree in Public Administration from the University of New Mexico. The University recruited her to serve as Chairman of the Public Administration Advisory Alumni Board, as a result of her successful career in the public sector. Cynthia also currently serves on the Board of Directors of The Rio Grande Credit Union and is a volunteer on her Homewoners Association Board. She is an active member of St. Jude Catholic Church, and as a volunteer with Big Brothers and Big Sisters, she had the opportunity to mentor a beautiful young lady. She is also an advocate of animal adoption, adopting Gheisha and Brittney, her cat and dog.
- Vice-Chair, AMAFCA (Albuquerque Metropolitan Arroyo Flood Control) through 2020.
- Albuquerque City Planning Manager for over 28 years.
- Small Business Owner, Cyba's & Associates, LLC.
- Former Chair of P.E.R.A (Public Employees Retirement Association) for 8 years.
- MRCOG Water Board Member
- Bachelor of Science in Education, UNM, 1980.
- Masters of Public Administration, UNM, 1982.
- Chair of UNM Public Administration Advisory Alumni Board
- 2nd Vice-Chair Rio Grande Credit Union Board of Directors
- Member of St. Jude Thaddeus Catholic Church.